Located in the heart of Lake Merritt, this 4-story building provides 65,800 sq. ft. of multi-tenant office space.
The building underwent a complete renovation from 1998 till 2000 that included major upgrades of structural, mechanical, electrical, common area, ADA and life-safety systems. Constructed in circa 1934 the building has seen many generations of tenants that made changes to accommodate operational needs but without consideration of the overall health of the building.
In addition to major exiting and accessibility issues there were numerous maintenance flaws that contributed to the deterioration of the building’s core systems and very structure. A major structural upgrade allowed concurrent improvements to infuse new “K” frames and new architectural finishes.
PROJECT TYPE HISTORIC PRESERVATION
ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION 1934